Rabbit anti Human SICS-1 antibody recognizes Suppressor of cytokine signalling 1 (SOCS1), a ~24 kDa member of the Suppressor of cytokine signalling family. SOCS1 acts downstream of cytokine receptors and plays a role in the negative regulation of cytokine signalling. It acts mainly on the Janus kinase (JAK)/signal transducers and activators of transcription-3 (STAT3) pathway but also inhibits signalling by cytokines such as insulin and toll-like receptors. Furthermore SOCS1 is involved in ubiquitin-dependent protein degradation, plays a role in T cell activation and in the regulation of IL-6, IL-4, IL-12 and IL-15. SOCS1 is expressed ubiquitously and at elevated levels in the spleen, small intestine and peripheral blood leukocytes.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Rat Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antisera to human SOCS1 were raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.02% Sodium Azide
- A 15 amino acid peptide located near the carboxy terminus of human SOCS1.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- O15524 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- SOCS1 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0004860 protein kinase inhibitor activity
- GO:0005159 insulin-like growth factor receptor binding
- GO:0007259 JAK-STAT cascade
- GO:0019901 protein kinase binding
- GO:0040008 regulation of growth
- GO:0042518 negative regulation of tyrosine phosphorylation of Stat3 protein
- GO:0046627 negative regulation of insulin receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0060333 interferon-gamma-mediated signaling pathway
- GO:0060334 regulation of interferon-gamma-mediated signaling pathway
- GO:0060337 type I interferon-mediated signaling pathway
- GO:0060338 regulation of type I interferon-mediated signaling pathway
- For research purposes only
Applications of SOCS-1 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- AHP1205T detects a bands of approximately 1.0-23.0ug/ml in human spleen cell lysates.
Copyright © 2019 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:Biotin||2AB02B||1 ml||C E P WB|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (Fc):Biotin||STAR121B||1 mg||E WB|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (Fc):FITC||STAR121F||1 mg||F|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (Fc):HRP||STAR121P||1 mg||E WB|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR124P||1 mg||C E WB|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:FITC||STAR34B||1 mg||C F|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:RPE||STAR35A||1 ml||F|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:DyLight®488||STAR36D488GA||0.1 mg||F IF WB|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:DyLight®549||STAR36D549GA||0.1 mg||F IF|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:DyLight®649||STAR36D649GA||0.1 mg||F IF|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:DyLight®680||STAR36D680GA||0.1 mg||F IF WB|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:Dylight®800||STAR36D800GA||0.1 mg||F IF WB|