Rabbit anti Snail
Rabbit anti-human SNAIL antibody recognizes the zinc finger protein SNAI1, also known as protein sna or protein snail homolog 1. This antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Polyclonal
- Polyclonal IgG
|Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
The Drosophila embryonic protein snail is a zinc finger transcriptional repressor which downregulates the expression of ectodermal genes within the mesoderm. The nuclear protein encoded by SNAI1 is structurally similar to the Drosophila snail protein, and is also thought to be critical for mesoderm formation in the developing embryo. At least two variants of a similar processed pseudogene have been found on chromosome 2 (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Rabbit anti Human SNAIL antibody detects a band of 29 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti SNAIL detects a band of approximately 29 kDa in Jurkat cell lysates.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid.
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3).
- KLH conjugated synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acid 1-30 of human SNAIL
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- O95863 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- SNAI1 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0000122 negative regulation of transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0001649 osteoblast differentiation
- GO:0001707 mesoderm formation
- GO:0001837 epithelial to mesenchymal transition
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0005737 cytoplasm
- GO:0008270 zinc ion binding
- GO:0010718 positive regulation of epithelial to mesenchymal transition
- GO:0016563 transcription activator activity
- GO:0019900 kinase binding
- GO:0030335 positive regulation of cell migration
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only.
Applications of Snail antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.