The protein encoded by the SMARCC1 gene is a member of the SWI/SNF family of proteins, whose members display helicase and ATPase activities and which are thought to regulate transcription of certain genes by altering the chromatin structure around those genes. The encoded protein is part of the large ATP-dependent chromatin remodeling complex SNF/SWI and contains a predicted leucine zipper motif typical of many transcription factors (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Rabbit anti Human SMARCC1 antibody detects a band of 161 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti SMARCC1 detects a band of approximately 161 kDa in NIH/3T3 cell lysate
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography on Protein A
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Synthetic peptide corresponding to the C-terminal region of human SMARCC1
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0003677 DNA binding
- GO:0003713 transcription coactivator activity
- GO:0006333 chromatin assembly or disassembly
- GO:0005654 nucleoplasm
- GO:0006338 chromatin remodeling
- GO:0007399 nervous system development
- GO:0016514 SWI/SNF complex
- GO:0047485 protein N-terminus binding
- GO:0071564 npBAF complex
- GO:0071565 nBAF complex
- GO:0071778 WINAC complex
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of SMARCC1 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|