Rabbit anti Smac/DIABLO antibody recognizes the C-terminal region of human Smac/DIABLO. Inhibitors of apoptosis proteins (IAP's) block cell death by caspase inhibition. X-linked inhibitor of apoptosis (XIAP) is a member of the IAP family. Smac/DIABLO is expressed in a variety of tissues and has been identified as a negative regulator of XIAP.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to human Smac/DIABLO were raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- Synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acids 225-239 of human Smac/DIABLO.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
mitochondrial intermembrane space
induction of apoptosis via death domain receptors
activation of caspase activity by cytochrome c
internal side of plasma membrane
CD40 receptor complex
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Smac/DIABLO antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Ovary tissue.
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
Product Specific References
Verhagen, A. M. et al (2001) Inhibitor of apoptosis proteins and their relatives. IAP's and other BIRPS's.
Genome Biol. 2: Reviews 3009.
Wu, G. et al (2000) Structural basis of IAP recognition by Smac/DIABLO.
Nature. 408: 1008-12