RXR Alpha antibody
RXRs play important roles in multiple signalling pathways, including cell growth, differentiation, homeostasis, metabolism, and development.
Goat anti Human RXR alpha antibody does not cross-react with either RXR beta or gamma.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Expected from Sequence Rat Expected from Sequence
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to human RXR alpha were raised by repeated immunisations of goats with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.02% Sodium Azide 0.5% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Peptide sequence CQVNSSLTSPTGRGSM corresponding to the internal region of RXR alpha (NP_002948).
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0000790 nuclear chromatin
- GO:0003700 sequence-specific DNA binding transcription factor activity
- GO:0003706 ligand-regulated transcription factor activity
- GO:0003707 steroid hormone receptor activity
- GO:0003713 transcription coactivator activity
- GO:0004886 retinoid-X receptor activity
- GO:0005654 nucleoplasm
- GO:0006766 vitamin metabolic process
- GO:0008203 cholesterol metabolic process
- GO:0008270 zinc ion binding
- GO:0010553 negative regulation of gene-specific transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0019899 enzyme binding
- GO:0032526 response to retinoic acid
- GO:0034339 regulation of transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter by nuclear hormone receptor
- GO:0042809 vitamin D receptor binding
- GO:0044255 cellular lipid metabolic process
- GO:0044323 retinoic acid-responsive element binding
- GO:0044419 interspecies interaction between organisms
- GO:0046982 protein heterodimerization activity
- For research purposes only
Applications of RXR Alpha antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Western Blotting
- AHP1116 detects a band of approximately 55kDa in human epidermoid carcinoma A431 lysates. A minimum incubation time of 1 hour is recommended with this antibody.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Rabbit anti Goat IgG (Fc):FITC||STAR122F||F||1 mg|
|Rabbit anti Goat IgG (Fc):HRP||STAR122P||C E WB||1 mg|
Product Specific References
References for RXR Alpha antibody
Pestka, A. et al. (2011) Retinoid X receptor α and retinoids are key regulators in apoptosis of trophoblasts of patients with recurrent miscarriages.
J Mol Endocrinol. 47 (2): 145-56.
Zhang, Z. et al. (2010) Constitutive Activation of the Mitogen Activated Protein Kinase Pathway Impairs Vitamin D Signaling in Human Prostate Epithelial Cells
J Cell Physiol. 224: 433-42.
Lee, H.Y. et al. (2000) Stress pathway activation induces phosphorylation of retinoid X receptor.
J Biol Chem. 275 (41): 32193-9.
Ghosh, J.C. et al. (2002) Interactions that determine the assembly of a retinoid X receptor/corepressor complex.
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 99 (9): 5842-7.
Konta, T. et al. (2001) Selective roles of retinoic acid receptor and retinoid x receptor in the suppression of apoptosis by all-trans-retinoic acid.
J Biol Chem. 276 (16): 12697-701.