Ribosomes, the organelles that catalyze protein synthesis, consist of a small 40S subunit and a large 60S subunit. Together these subunits are composed of 4 RNA species and approximately 80 structurally distinct proteins. The RPS3A gene encodes a ribosomal protein that is a component of the 40S subunit. The protein belongs to the S3AE family of ribosomal proteins. It is located in the cytoplasm. Disruption of the gene encoding rat ribosomal protein S3a, also named v-fos transformation effector protein, in v-fos-transformed rat cells results in reversion of the transformed phenotype. RPS3A is co-transcribed with the U73A and U73B small nucleolar RNA genes, which are located in its fourth and third introns, respectively. As is typical for genes encoding ribosomal proteins, there are multiple processed pseudogenes of RPS3A dispersed through the genome. Alternatively spliced transcript variants have been found for RPS3A (provided by RefSeq, May 2012).
Rabbit anti Human RPS3A antibody detects a band of 30 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti RPS3A detects a band of approximately 30 kDa in NIH/3T3 cell lysate
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- KLH-conjugated synthetic peptide corresponding to aa 228-254 of human RPS3A
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0022627 cytosolic small ribosomal subunit
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0003723 RNA binding
- GO:0003735 structural constituent of ribosome
- GO:0005730 nucleolus
- GO:0006413 translational initiation
- GO:0006414 translational elongation
- GO:0006415 translational termination
- GO:0006917 induction of apoptosis
- GO:0019083 viral transcription
- GO:0030154 cell differentiation
- GO:0031018 endocrine pancreas development
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of RPS3A antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra