Filter by Application:WB Reset
|Rabbit anti Human RPS19 antibody recognizes RPS19, also known as 40S ribosomal protein S19.
Ribosomes, the organelles that catalyze protein synthesis, consist of a small 40S subunit and a large 60S subunit. Together these subunits are composed of 4 RNA species and approximately 80 structurally distinct proteins. RPS19 gene encodes a ribosomal protein that is a component of the 40S subunit. The protein belongs to the S19E family of ribosomal proteins. It is located in the cytoplasm. Mutations in RPS19 cause Diamond-Blackfan anemia 1 (DBA1), a constitutional erythroblastopenia characterized by absent or decreased erythroid precursors, in a subset of patients. This suggests a possible extra-ribosomal function for RPS19 in erythropoietic differentiation and proliferation, in addition to its ribosomal function. Higher expression levels of RPS19 in some primary colon carcinomas compared to matched normal colon tissues has been observed. As is typical for genes encoding ribosomal proteins, there are multiple processed pseudogenes of RPS19 dispersed through the genome (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Rabbit anti Human RPS19 antibody detects a band of 18 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti RPS19 detects a band of approximately 18 kDa in HeLa cell lysates.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid.
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Synthetic peptide directed towards the C-terminal region of human RPS19
- For research purposes only.
- 12 months from date of despatch.
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0022627 cytosolic small ribosomal subunit
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0003723 RNA binding
- GO:0003735 structural constituent of ribosome
- GO:0005730 nucleolus
- GO:0006364 rRNA processing
- GO:0006414 translational elongation
- GO:0006415 translational termination
- GO:0009991 response to extracellular stimulus
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0015669 gas transport
- GO:0019083 viral transcription
- GO:0030218 erythrocyte differentiation
- GO:0031018 endocrine pancreas development
- GO:0042274 ribosomal small subunit biogenesis
- GO:0051272 positive regulation of cellular component movement
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up