Ribosomes, the organelles that catalyze protein synthesis, consist of a small 40S subunit and a large 60S subunit. Together these subunits are composed of 4 RNA species and approximately 80 structurally distinct proteins. Encoded by the RPS14 gene, 40S ribosomal protein S14 a ribosomal protein that is a component of the 40S subunit. This protein belongs to the S11P family of ribosomal proteins. It is located in the cytoplasm. Transcript variants utilizing alternative transcription initiation sites have been described in the literature. As is typical for genes encoding ribosomal proteins, there are multiple processed pseudogenes of RPS14 dispersed through the genome. In Chinese hamster ovary cells, mutations in RPS14 can lead to resistance to emetine, a protein synthesis inhibitor. Multiple alternatively spliced transcript variants encoding the same protein have been found for RPS14 (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Rabbit anti Human RPS14 antibody detects a band of 16 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti RPS14 detects a band of approximately 16 kDa in K562 cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 118-147 amino acids from the C-terminal region of human RPS14
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0000028 ribosomal small subunit assembly
- GO:0000122 negative regulation of transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0022627 cytosolic small ribosomal subunit
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0003735 structural constituent of ribosome
- GO:0005730 nucleolus
- GO:0006414 translational elongation
- GO:0006415 translational termination
- GO:0019083 viral transcription
- GO:0030218 erythrocyte differentiation
- GO:0030490 maturation of SSU-rRNA
- GO:0031018 endocrine pancreas development
- GO:0045182 translation regulator activity
- GO:0048027 mRNA 5'-UTR binding
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of RPS14 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra