Rabbit anti RPL17
Rabbit anti human RPL17 antibody recognizes HCG24487, isoform CRA_c, also known as 60S ribosomal protein L17, 60S ribosomal protein L23 or gene encoding putative NFkB activating protein. This antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Polyclonal
- Polyclonal IgG
|Product Code||Applications||Datasheet||MSDS||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
Ribosomes, the organelles that catalyze protein synthesis, consist of a small 40S subunit and a large 60S subunit. Together these subunits are composed of 4 RNA species and approximately 80 structurally distinct proteins. The RPL17 gene encodes a ribosomal protein that is a component of the 60S subunit. The protein belongs to the L22P family of ribosomal proteins. It is located in the cytoplasm. RPL17 has been referred to as rpL23 because the encoded protein shares amino acid identity with ribosomal protein L23 from Halobacterium marismortui; however, its official symbol is RPL17. As is typical for genes encoding ribosomal proteins, there are multiple processed pseudogenes of RPL17 dispersed through the genome. Alternative splicing results in multiple transcript variants. Read-through transcription also exists between RPL17 and the neighboring downstream C18orf32 (chromosome 18 open reading frame 32) gene (provided by RefSeq, Dec 2010).
Rabbit anti Human RPL17 antibody detects bands of 22 and 24 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti RPL17 detects a bands of approximately 22 and 24 kDa in HeLa cell lysate
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- KLH-conjugated synthetic peptide corresponding to aa 156-184 of human RPL17
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch
- P18621 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- RPL17 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0003735 structural constituent of ribosome
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0006414 translational elongation
- GO:0006415 translational termination
- GO:0015934 large ribosomal subunit
- GO:0019083 viral transcription
- GO:0031018 endocrine pancreas development
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories
- For research purposes only
Applications of RPL17 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||2 ml||WB|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.