Ribosomes, the organelles that catalyze protein synthesis, consist of a small 40S subunit and a large 60S subunit. Together these subunits are composed of 4 RNA species and approximately 80 structurally distinct proteins. The RPL17 gene encodes a ribosomal protein that is a component of the 60S subunit. The protein belongs to the L22P family of ribosomal proteins. It is located in the cytoplasm. RPL17 has been referred to as rpL23 because the encoded protein shares amino acid identity with ribosomal protein L23 from Halobacterium marismortui; however, its official symbol is RPL17. As is typical for genes encoding ribosomal proteins, there are multiple processed pseudogenes of RPL17 dispersed through the genome. Alternative splicing results in multiple transcript variants. Read-through transcription also exists between RPL17 and the neighboring downstream C18orf32 (chromosome 18 open reading frame 32) gene (provided by RefSeq, Dec 2010).
Rabbit anti Human RPL17 antibody detects bands of 22 and 24 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti RPL17 detects a bands of approximately 22 and 24 kDa in HeLa cell lysate
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- KLH-conjugated synthetic peptide corresponding to aa 156-184 of human RPL17
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0003735 structural constituent of ribosome
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0006414 translational elongation
- GO:0006415 translational termination
- GO:0015934 large ribosomal subunit
- GO:0019083 viral transcription
- GO:0031018 endocrine pancreas development
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of RPL17 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra