Ribosomes, the organelles that catalyze protein synthesis, consist of a small 40S subunit and a large 60S subunit. Together these subunits are composed of 4 RNA species and approximately 80 structurally distinct proteins. RPL13 encodes a ribosomal protein that is a component of the 60S subunit. The protein belongs to the L13E family of ribosomal proteins. It is located in the cytoplasm. RPL13 is expressed at significantly higher levels in benign breast lesions than in breast carcinomas. Alternatively spliced transcript variants encoding distinct isoforms have been found for RPL13. As is typical for genes encoding ribosomal proteins, there are multiple processed pseudogenes of RPL13 dispersed through the genome (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2011).
Rabbit anti Human RPL13 antibody detects a band of 26 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti RPL13 antibody recognizes a band of approximately 26 kDa in MCF7 cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography on immunogen
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Synthetic peptide directed towards the C terminal region of human RPL13
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0003723 RNA binding
- GO:0003735 structural constituent of ribosome
- GO:0006414 translational elongation
- GO:0006415 translational termination
- GO:0019083 viral transcription
- GO:0022626 cytosolic ribosome
- GO:0031018 endocrine pancreas development
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories
- For research purposes only
Applications of RPL13 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra