The RFX1 gene is a member of the regulatory factor X family which encodes transcription factors that contain a highly-conserved winged helix DNA binding domain. The protein encoded by the RFX1 gene is structurally related to regulatory factors X2, X3, X4, and X5. It is a transcriptional activator that can bind DNA as a monomer or as a heterodimer with RFX family members X2, X3, and X5, but not with X4. This protein binds to the X-boxes of MHC class II genes and is essential for their expression. Also, it can bind to an inverted repeat that is required for expression of hepatitis B virus genes (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Rabbit anti Human RFX1 antibody detects a band of 140 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti RFX1 detects a band of approximately 140 kDa in Jurkat cell lysate
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- KLH-conjugated synthetic peptide corresponding to aa 896-925 of human RFX1
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0003677 DNA binding
- GO:0003705 sequence-specific enhancer binding RNA polymerase II transcription factor activity
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0006355 regulation of transcription, DNA-dependent
- GO:0006955 immune response
- GO:0030528 transcription regulator activity
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of RFX1 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra