Retinoblastoma-Binding Protein 5 antibody
Encoded by the RBBP5 gene, retinoblastoma-binding protein 5 is a ubiquitously expressed nuclear protein which belongs to a highly conserved subfamily of WD-repeat proteins. Retinoblastoma-binding protein 5 binds directly to retinoblastoma protein, which regulates cell proliferation. It interacts preferentially with the underphosphorylated retinoblastoma protein via the E1A-binding pocket B. Three alternatively spliced transcript variants that encode different protein isoforms have been described for RBBP5 (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2010).
Rabbit anti Human retinoblastoma-binding protein 5 antibody detects a band of 67 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti retinoblastoma-binding protein 5 detects a band of approximately 67 kDa in K562 cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 451-485 amino acids from the C-terminal region of human retinoblastoma-binding protein 5
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0006350 transcription
- GO:0010843 promoter binding
- GO:0043627 response to estrogen stimulus
- GO:0045449 regulation of transcription
- GO:0048188 Set1C/COMPASS complex
- GO:0051568 histone H3-K4 methylation
- GO:0071339 MLL1 complex
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Retinoblastoma-Binding Protein 5 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra