Rabbit anti RBBP4
Rabbit anti human RBBP4 antibody recognizes the histone-binding protein RBBP4, also known as RbAp48, CAF-1 subunit C, CAF-I 48 kDa subunit, CAF-I p48, MSI1 protein homolog, or retinoblastoma-binding protein p48. This antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Polyclonal
- Polyclonal IgG
|Product Code||Applications||Datasheet||MSDS||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
The RBBP4 gene encodes a ubiquitously expressed nuclear protein which belongs to a highly conserved subfamily of WD-repeat proteins. It is present in protein complexes involved in histone acetylation and chromatin assembly. It is part of the Mi-2 complex which has been implicated in chromatin remodeling and transcriptional repression associated with histone deacetylation. This encoded protein is also part of co-repressor complexes, which is an integral component of transcriptional silencing. It is found among several cellular proteins that bind directly to retinoblastoma protein to regulate cell proliferation. This protein also seems to be involved in transcriptional repression of E2F-responsive genes. Three transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been found for RBBP4 (provided by RefSeq, Sep 2008).
Rabbit anti Human RBBP4 antibody detects a band of 52 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti RBBP4 detects a band of approximately 52 kDa in HEK293 cell lysate
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Synthetic peptide corresponding to the N-terminal region of human RBBP4
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch
- Q09028 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- RBBP4 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0006260 DNA replication
- GO:0042393 histone binding
- GO:0006350 transcription
- GO:0007049 cell cycle
- GO:0008285 negative regulation of cell proliferation
- GO:0016580 Sin3 complex
- GO:0016581 NuRD complex
- GO:0016589 NURF complex
- GO:0034080 CenH3-containing nucleosome assembly at centromere
- GO:0035098 ESC/E(Z) complex
- GO:0042826 histone deacetylase binding
- GO:0045449 regulation of transcription
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories
- For research purposes only
Applications of RBBP4 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||2 ml||WB|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.