Rabbit anti Human RAR beta antibody detects an epitope within the C-terminal (CT) region of retinoic acid receptor beta (RAR beta), a ~55 kDa transcriptional factor activated by retinoic acid. Once activated RAR beta heterodimerizes with retinoid X receptors (RXRs) and translocates to the nucleus, where it stimulates the transcription of growth-inhibitory, differentiation-inducing genes. In this way RAR beta mediates cellular signalling in embryonic morphogenesis and organogenesis.
The RAR beta exists as three isoforms, which are localised to the cytoplasm or subnuclear compartments. Down-regulation of the RAR-b2 isoform occurs early in tumorigenesis, and is a tumour suppressor gene.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to RAR beta were raised by repeated immunisations of rabbit with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- Synthetic peptide corresponding to the C-terminal region of human RAR beta.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
steroid hormone receptor activity
retinoic acid receptor activity
zinc ion binding
regulation of transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter by nuclear hormone receptor
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of RAR Beta antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Intermediate trophoblasts.
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available