The importin-alpha/beta complex and the GTPase Ran mediate nuclear import of proteins with a classical nuclear localization signal. Encoded by IPO7, Ran-bindind protein 7 is a member of a class of approximately 20 potential Ran targets that share a sequence motif related to the Ran-binding site of importin-beta. Similar to importin-beta, this protein prevents the activation of Ran's GTPase by RanGAP1 and inhibits nucleotide exchange on RanGTP, and also binds directly to nuclear pore complexes where it competes for binding sites with importin-beta and transportin. This protein has a Ran-dependent transport cycle and it can cross the nuclear envelope rapidly and in both directions. At least four importin beta-like transport receptors, namely importin beta itself, transportin, RanBP5 and RANBP7, directly bind and import ribosomal proteins (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Goat anti Human RANBP7 antibody detects a band of 120 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti RANBP7 detects a band of approximately 120 kDa in HeLa cell lysates.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Goat polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3) 0.5 % BSA
- Peptide with the sequence C-SSFNFGGPAPGMN, from the C Terminus of the protein sequence.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0007165 signal transduction
- GO:0005083 small GTPase regulator activity
- GO:0005625 soluble fraction
- GO:0005643 nuclear pore
- GO:0008536 Ran GTPase binding
- GO:0005794 Golgi apparatus
- GO:0008565 protein transporter activity
- GO:0044419 interspecies interaction between organisms
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of RANBP7 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Donkey anti Sheep/Goat IgG:HRP||STAR88P||C E P WB||1 ml|