Rabbit anti RAGE
Rabbit anti-human RAGE antibody recognizes advanced glycosylation end product-specific receptor, also known as RAGE isoform NtRAGE-delta, RAGE isoform sRAGE-delta or receptor for advanced glycation end-products variant 20.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Polyclonal
- Polyclonal IgG
|Product Code||Applications||Datasheet||MSDS||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
The advanced glycosylation end product (AGE) receptor encoded by the AGER gene is a member of the immunoglobulin superfamily of cell surface receptors. It is a multiligand receptor, and besides AGE, interacts with other molecules implicated in homeostasis, development, and inflammation, and certain diseases, such as diabetes and Alzheimer's disease. Many alternatively spliced transcript variants encoding different isoforms, as well as non-protein-coding variants, have been described for AGER (Hudson et al. 2008) (provided by RefSeq, May 2011).
Rabbit anti Human RAGE antibody detects a band of 55 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using tissue and whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti RAGE detects a band of approximately 55 kDa in mouse lung tissue
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Synthetic peptide directed towards the N terminal region of human RAGE
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles
- Shelf Life
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch
- Q15109 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- AGER Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0004888 transmembrane receptor activity
- GO:0005887 integral to plasma membrane
- GO:0006954 inflammatory response
- GO:0007166 cell surface receptor linked signaling pathway
- GO:0031175 neuron projection development
- GO:0045087 innate immune response
- GO:0048155 S100 alpha binding
- GO:0051092 positive regulation of NF-kappaB transcription factor activity
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories
- For research purposes only
Applications of RAGE antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||2 ml||WB|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.