The Rab family of proteins, originally described as Ras-like proteins in brain are the largest group of GTPases within the Ras superfamily with 61 protein members identified. Rab family members are involved in the regulation of intracellular vesicular transport and movement of proteins between endocytic and secretory organelles (Wennerberg et al. 2005). Rab8A is involved in vesicular traffic between the trans golgi network and the basoleteral aspect of the plasma membrane (Huber et al. 1993).
Goat anti human Rab8a antibody has been successfully used for the detection of Rab8a in human intestinal epithelial cells using western blotting (Vacca et al. 2014).
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Dog Expected from Sequence Bovine Expected from Sequence
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to human RAB8A (CT) was raised by repeated immunisation of goats with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
0.5% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Peptide sequence C-NQGVKITPDQQKR from the C-Terminal region of RAB8A (NP_005361.2).
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005886 plasma membrane
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0005525 GTP binding
- GO:0005794 Golgi apparatus
- GO:0006904 vesicle docking involved in exocytosis
- GO:0007264 small GTPase mediated signal transduction
- GO:0015031 protein transport
- GO:0031513 nonmotile primary cilium
- GO:0042384 cilium assembly
- GO:0048210 Golgi vesicle fusion to target membrane
- For research purposes only
Applications of RAB8A antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Western Blotting
- AHP1683 detects a band of approximately 25kDa in human cerebellum and kidney cell lysates
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Rabbit anti Goat IgG (Fc):FITC||STAR122F||F||1 mg|
|Rabbit anti Goat IgG (Fc):HRP||STAR122P||C E WB||1 mg|
Product Specific References
References for RAB8A antibody
Vacca, B. et al. (2014) Drebrin E depletion in human intestinal epithelial cells mimics Rab8a loss of function.
Hum Mol Genet. 23 (11): 2834-46.
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra