The PTRF gene encodes a protein that enables the dissociation of paused ternary polymerase I transcription complexes from the 3' end of pre-rRNA transcripts. This protein regulates rRNA transcription by promoting the dissociation of transcription complexes and the reinitiation of polymerase I on nascent rRNA transcripts. This protein also localizes to caveolae at the plasma membrane and is thought to play a critical role in the formation of caveolae and the stabilization of caveolins. This protein translocates from caveolae to the cytoplasm after insulin stimulation. Caveolae contain truncated forms of this protein and may be the site of phosphorylation-dependent proteolysis. PTRF is also thought to modify lipid metabolism and insulin-regulated gene expression. Mutations in PTRF result in
Rabbit anti Human PTRF antibody detects a band of 60 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti PTRF detects a band of approximately 60 kDa in A549 cell lysates.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid.
- Rabbit Ig fraction prepared by ammonium sulphate precipitation.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3).
- KLH conjugated synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acid 1-30 of human PTRF
- Store undiluted at -20°C, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0003716 RNA polymerase I transcription termination factor activity
- GO:0005739 mitochondrion
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0005783 endoplasmic reticulum
- GO:0005654 nucleoplasm
- GO:0005792 microsome
- GO:0005901 caveola
- GO:0006361 transcription initiation from RNA polymerase I promoter
- GO:0006363 termination of RNA polymerase I transcription
- GO:0042134 rRNA primary transcript binding
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories
- For research purposes only.
Applications of PTRF antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra