The proteasome is a multicatalytic proteinase complex with a highly ordered ring-shaped 20S core structure. The core structure is composed of 4 rings of 28 non-identical subunits; 2 rings are composed of 7 alpha subunits and 2 rings are composed of 7 beta subunits. Proteasomes are distributed throughout eukaryotic cells at a high concentration and cleave peptides in an ATP/ubiquitin-dependent process in a non-lysosomal pathway. An essential function of a modified proteasome, the immunoproteasome, is the processing of class I MHC peptides. PSMB8 encodes a member of the proteasome B-type family, also known as the T1B family, that is a 20S core beta subunit. PSMB8 is located in the class II region of the MHC (major histocompatibility complex). Expression of PSMB8 is induced by gamma interferon and PSMB8 product replaces catalytic subunit 3 (proteasome beta 5 subunit) in the immunoproteasome. Proteolytic processing is required to generate a mature subunit. Two alternative transcripts encoding two isoforms have been identified; both isoforms are processed to yield the same mature subunit (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Goat anti Human PSMB8 antibody detects a band of 23 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti PSMB8 detects a band of approximately 23 kDa in Jurkat cell lysates.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Goat polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3) 0.5 % BSA
- Peptide with the sequence C-DVSDLLHQYREANQ, from the C terminus of the protein sequence
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0000082 G1/S transition of mitotic cell cycle
- GO:0000084 S phase of mitotic cell cycle
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0000216 M/G1 transition of mitotic cell cycle
- GO:0006915 apoptosis
- GO:0004298 threonine-type endopeptidase activity
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0005737 cytoplasm
- GO:0005839 proteasome core complex
- GO:0006521 regulation of cellular amino acid metabolic process
- GO:0006977 DNA damage response, signal transduction by p53 class mediator resulting in cell cycle arrest
- GO:0016032 viral reproduction
- GO:0016071 mRNA metabolic process
- GO:0042981 regulation of apoptosis
- GO:0031145 anaphase-promoting complex-dependent proteasomal ubiquitin-dependent protein catabolic process
- GO:0044419 interspecies interaction between organisms
- GO:0051436 negative regulation of ubiquitin-protein ligase activity involved in mitotic cell cycle
- GO:0051437 positive regulation of ubiquitin-protein ligase activity involved in mitotic cell cycle
- GO:0060337 type I interferon-mediated signaling pathway
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of PSMB8 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Donkey anti Sheep/Goat IgG:HRP||STAR88P||C E P WB||1 ml|
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra