Filter by Application:WB Reset
|Rabbit anti Human PRPF8 antibody recognizes PRPF8 also known as pre-mRNA-processing-splicing factor 8, 220 kDa U5 snRNP-specific protein, PRP8 homolog, PRP8 pre-mRNA processing factor 8 homolog, apoptosis-regulated protein 1, apoptosis-regulated protein 2, or splicing factor Prp8.
Pre-mRNA splicing occurs in 2 sequential transesterification steps. The protein encoded by the PRPF8 gene is a component of both U2- and U12-dependent spliceosomes, and found to be essential for the catalytic step II in pre-mRNA splicing process. It contains several WD repeats, which function in protein-protein interactions. This protein has a sequence similarity to yeast Prp8 protein (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008). Mutations in the PRPF8 gene cause development of Retinitis pigmentosa 13 (RP13) characterized by retinal pigment deposits visible on fundus examination and primary loss of rod photoreceptor cells followed by secondary loss of cone photoreceptors (van Lith-Verhoeven et al. 2002).
Rabbit anti Human PRPF8 antibody detects a band of 250 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti PRPF8 detects a band of approximately 250 kDa in K562 cell lysates.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid.
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Synthetic peptide directed towards the N terminal region of human PRPF8
- For research purposes only.
- 12 months from date of despatch.
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up