Rabbit anti Human pro-interleukin-33 antibodyrecognises human pro-interleukin-33 (pro-IL-33). Pro-IL-33 is further processed into its mature secreted form, IL-33.
IL-33, a cytokine formerly known as NF-HEV or nuclear factor from high endothelieal venules, belongs to the IL-1 super family which signals through interaction with the ST2 and Toll-interleukin 1 (IL-1) receptors, and is known to act as an immunoregulator of T helper 2 (Th2) cell cytokine synthesis.
IL-33 is abundantly expressed in high endothelial venules found in tonsils, peyers patches and mesenteric lymph nodes.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to human pro-interleukin-33 was raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- A peptide sequence corresponding to an 19 amino acid sequence from near the amino terminus of Genbank accession No. NP_254274.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
positive regulation of macrophage activation
positive regulation of transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
positive regulation of inflammatory response
positive regulation of chemokine secretion
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of PRO-IL-33 antibody
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- This product does not require protein digestion pre-treatment of paraffin sections. This product does not require antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Human brain tissue
- Western Blotting
- AHP1626 detects a band of approximately 36kDa in human lymph node cell lysates.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra