Rabbit anti Human pro-interleukin-33 antibodyrecognises human pro-interleukin-33 (pro-IL-33). Pro-IL-33 is further processed into its mature secreted form, IL-33.
IL-33, a cytokine formerly known as NF-HEV or nuclear factor from high endothelieal venules, belongs to the IL-1 super family which signals through interaction with the ST2 and Toll-interleukin 1 (IL-1) receptors, and is known to act as an immunoregulator of T helper 2 (Th2) cell cytokine synthesis.
IL-33 is abundantly expressed in high endothelial venules found in tonsils, peyers patches and mesenteric lymph nodes.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to human pro-interleukin-33 was raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- A peptide sequence corresponding to an 19 amino acid sequence from near the amino terminus of Genbank accession No. NP_254274.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
positive regulation of macrophage activation
positive regulation of transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
positive regulation of inflammatory response
positive regulation of chemokine secretion
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of PRO-IL-33 antibody
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- This product does not require protein digestion pre-treatment of paraffin sections. This product does not require antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Human brain tissue
- Western Blotting
- AHP1626 detects a band of approximately 36kDa in human lymph node cell lysates.
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available