The PPP2R1A gene encodes a constant regulatory subunit of protein phosphatase 2. Protein phosphatase 2 is one of the four major Ser/Thr phosphatases, and it is implicated in the negative control of cell growth and division. It consists of a common heteromeric core enzyme, which is composed of a catalytic subunit and a constant regulatory subunit, that associates with a variety of regulatory subunits. The constant regulatory subunit A serves as a scaffolding molecule to coordinate the assembly of the catalytic subunit and a variable regulatory B subunit. PPP2R1A encodes an alpha isoform of the constant regulatory subunit A. Alternatively spliced transcript variants have been described (provided by RefSeq, Apr 2010).
Goat anti Human PPP2R1A antibody detects a band of 60 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti PPP2R1A detects a band of approximately 60 kDa in Jurkat cell lysates.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Goat polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Tris buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
0.5% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Peptide with sequence C-KYFAQEALTVLSLA
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0007059 chromosome segregation
- GO:0000086 G2/M transition of mitotic cell cycle
- GO:0000159 protein phosphatase type 2A complex
- GO:0000188 inactivation of MAPK activity
- GO:0000775 chromosome, centromeric region
- GO:0016020 membrane
- GO:0003823 antigen binding
- GO:0005739 mitochondrion
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0005625 soluble fraction
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0006275 regulation of DNA replication
- GO:0006461 protein complex assembly
- GO:0006470 protein dephosphorylation
- GO:0006672 ceramide metabolic process
- GO:0006917 induction of apoptosis
- GO:0008380 RNA splicing
- GO:0008601 protein phosphatase type 2A regulator activity
- GO:0010033 response to organic substance
- GO:0015630 microtubule cytoskeleton
- GO:0019932 second-messenger-mediated signaling
- GO:0030111 regulation of Wnt receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0030155 regulation of cell adhesion
- GO:0030308 negative regulation of cell growth
- GO:0042518 negative regulation of tyrosine phosphorylation of Stat3 protein
- GO:0045449 regulation of transcription
- GO:0045595 regulation of cell differentiation
- GO:0046982 protein heterodimerization activity
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of PPP2R1A antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Donkey anti Sheep/Goat IgG:HRP||STAR88P||C E P WB||1 ml|
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra