The OCT1 transcription factor was among the first identified members of the POU transcription factor family (summarized by Sturm et al. 1993 (PubMed 8314572)). Members of this family contain the POU domain, a 160-amino acid region necessary for DNA binding to the octameric sequence ATGCAAAT (supplied by OMIM, Jul 2010).
Goat anti Human POU2F1 antibody detects a band of 94 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti POU2F1 detects a band of approximately 94 kDa in Ramos cell lysates.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Goat polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3) 0.5% BSA
- Peptide with the sequence C-NVQSKSNEESGDSQQ, from the internal region of the protein sequence
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0003700 sequence-specific DNA binding transcription factor activity
- GO:0006383 transcription from RNA polymerase III promoter
- GO:0016564 transcription repressor activity
- GO:0043565 sequence-specific DNA binding
- GO:0045892 negative regulation of transcription, DNA-dependent
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of POU2F1 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Donkey anti Sheep/Goat IgG:HRP||STAR88P||C E P WB||1 ml|