Polyadenylate-Binding Protein 1 antibody
Encoded by the PABPC1 gene, polyadenylate-binding protein 1 is a poly(A) binding protein. This protein shuttles between the nucleus and cytoplasm and binds to the 3' poly(A) tail of eukaryotic messenger RNAs via RNA-recognition motifs. The binding of this protein to poly(A) promotes ribosome recruitment and translation initiation; it is also required for poly(A) shortening which is the first step in mRNA decay. The gene is part of a small gene family including three protein-coding genes and several pseudogenes (provided by RefSeq, Aug 2010).
Rabbit anti Human polyadenylate-binding protein 1 antibody detects a band of 71 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti polyadenylate-binding protein 1 detects a band of approximately 71 kDa in HeLa cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Rabbit Ig fraction prepared by ammonium sulphate precipitation
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 250-279 amino acids from the Central region of human polyadenylate-binding protein 1
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0000166 nucleotide binding
- GO:0000289 nuclear-transcribed mRNA poly(A) tail shortening
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0005681 spliceosomal complex
- GO:0006378 mRNA polyadenylation
- GO:0008143 poly(A) RNA binding
- GO:0006412 translation
- GO:0008022 protein C-terminus binding
- GO:0008380 RNA splicing
- GO:0008494 translation activator activity
- GO:0048255 mRNA stabilization
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Polyadenylate-Binding Protein 1 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra