The three eukaryotic RNA polymerases are complex multi-subunit enzymes that play a central role in the transcription of nuclear genes. The POLR2H gene encodes an essential and highly conserved subunit of RNA polymerase II that is shared by the other two eukaryotic DNA-directed RNA polymerases, I and III. Alternative splicing results in multiple transcript variants of POLR2H (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2013).
Rabbit anti Human POLR2H antibody detects a band of 17 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti POLR2H detects a band of approximately 17 kDa in Jurkat cell lysate
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- KLH-conjugated synthetic peptide corresponding to aa 59-87 of human POLR2H
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0000398 nuclear mRNA splicing, via spliceosome
- GO:0003899 DNA-directed RNA polymerase activity
- GO:0005665 DNA-directed RNA polymerase II, core complex
- GO:0005730 nucleolus
- GO:0006283 transcription-coupled nucleotide-excision repair
- GO:0006361 transcription initiation from RNA polymerase I promoter
- GO:0006362 transcription elongation from RNA polymerase I promoter
- GO:0006363 termination of RNA polymerase I transcription
- GO:0006367 transcription initiation from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0006368 transcription elongation from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0006370 mRNA capping
- GO:0006385 transcription elongation from RNA polymerase III promoter
- GO:0006386 termination of RNA polymerase III transcription
- GO:0008270 zinc ion binding
- GO:0016032 viral reproduction
- GO:0050434 positive regulation of viral transcription
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of POLR2H antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra