The protein encoded by the POLB gene is a DNA polymerase involved in base excision and repair, also called gap-filling DNA synthesis. POLB acting as a monomer, is normally found in the cytoplasm, but it translocates to the nucleus upon DNA damage. Several transcript variants of POLB exist, but the full-length nature of only one has been described to date (provided by RefSeq, Sep 2011).
Rabbit anti Human POLB antibody detects a band of 38 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti POLB detects a band of approximately 38 kDa in HeLa cell lysates.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Synthetic peptide corresponding to a region near the C-terminus of the POLB protein
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0003887 DNA-directed DNA polymerase activity
- GO:0003906 DNA-(apurinic or apyrimidinic site) lyase activity
- GO:0046872 metal ion binding
- GO:0005737 cytoplasm
- GO:0005654 nucleoplasm
- GO:0005876 spindle microtubule
- GO:0006261 DNA-dependent DNA replication
- GO:0008017 microtubule binding
- GO:0019899 enzyme binding
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of POLB antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra