Goat anti Plasminogen
Plasminogen antibody recognizes plasminogen, also known as plasmin. This antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Polyclonal
- Polyclonal IgG
|Product Code||Applications||Datasheet||MSDS||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
Plasminogen is activated by proteolysis and converted to plasmin and angiostatin. Plasmin dissolves fibrin in blood clots and is an important protease in many other cellular processes while angiostatin inhibits angiogenesis. Defects in plasminogen are likely a cause of thrombophilia and ligneous conjunctivitis. Two transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been found for plasminogen (provided by RefSeq, Dec 2009).
Goat anti Human plasminogen antibody detects a band of 100 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using human plasma lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti plasminogen detects a band of approximately 100 kDa in human plasma samples.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Goat polyclonal antibody prepared by a multi-step process including salt fractionation and ion exchange chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Plasminogen derived from human plasma
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- Shelf Life
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- P00747 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- PLG Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0002576 platelet degranulation
- GO:0004252 serine-type endopeptidase activity
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0008285 negative regulation of cell proliferation
- GO:0010812 negative regulation of cell-substrate adhesion
- GO:0022617 extracellular matrix disassembly
- GO:0030168 platelet activation
- GO:0031093 platelet alpha granule lumen
- GO:0031232 extrinsic to external side of plasma membrane
- GO:0034185 apolipoprotein binding
- GO:0042730 fibrinolysis
- GO:0043498 cell surface binding
- GO:0048771 tissue remodeling
- GO:0051918 negative regulation of fibrinolysis
- GO:0051919 positive regulation of fibrinolysis
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Plasminogen antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Donkey anti Sheep/Goat IgG:HRP||STAR88P||1 ml||C E P WB|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.