Plasminogen is activated by proteolysis and converted to plasmin and angiostatin. Plasmin dissolves fibrin in blood clots and is an important protease in many other cellular processes while angiostatin inhibits angiogenesis. Defects in plasminogen are likely a cause of thrombophilia and ligneous conjunctivitis. Two transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been found for plasminogen (provided by RefSeq, Dec 2009).
Goat anti Human plasminogen antibody detects a band of 100 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using human plasma lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti plasminogen detects a band of approximately 100 kDa in human plasma samples.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Goat polyclonal antibody prepared by a multi-step process including salt fractionation and ion exchange chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Plasminogen derived from human plasma
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0002576 platelet degranulation
- GO:0004252 serine-type endopeptidase activity
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0008285 negative regulation of cell proliferation
- GO:0010812 negative regulation of cell-substrate adhesion
- GO:0022617 extracellular matrix disassembly
- GO:0030168 platelet activation
- GO:0031093 platelet alpha granule lumen
- GO:0031232 extrinsic to external side of plasma membrane
- GO:0034185 apolipoprotein binding
- GO:0042730 fibrinolysis
- GO:0043498 cell surface binding
- GO:0048771 tissue remodeling
- GO:0051918 negative regulation of fibrinolysis
- GO:0051919 positive regulation of fibrinolysis
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Plasminogen antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Donkey anti Sheep/Goat IgG:HRP||STAR88P||C E P WB||1 ml|
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra