The PIAS3 gene encodes a member of the PIAS (protein inhibitor of activated STAT (signal transducer and activator of transcription) family of transcriptional modulators. The protein functions as a SUMO (small ubiquitin-like modifier)-E3 ligase which catalyzes the covalent attachment of a SUMO protein to specific target substrates. It directly binds to several transcription factors and either blocks or enhances their activity. Alternatively spliced transcript variants of PIAS3 have been identified, but the full-length nature of some of these variants has not been determined (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Rabbit anti Human PIAS3 antibody detects a band of 75 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti PIAS3 detects a band of approximately 75 kDa in MCF7 cell lysates.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid.
- Rabbit Ig fraction prepared by ammonium sulphate precipitation.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3).
- KLH conjugated synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acid 95-126 of human PIAS3
- Store undiluted at -20°C, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0003676 nucleic acid binding
- GO:0006350 transcription
- GO:0008022 protein C-terminus binding
- GO:0008270 zinc ion binding
- GO:0016607 nuclear speck
- GO:0016925 protein sumoylation
- GO:0019899 enzyme binding
- GO:0033235 positive regulation of protein sumoylation
- GO:0045449 regulation of transcription
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories
- For research purposes only.
Applications of PIAS3 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|