Phospholamban (Cardiac) antibody
Rabbit anti Phospholamban (Cardiac)
Rabbit anti human phospholamban (cardiac) antibody recognizes the protein encoded by the PLN gene found in cardiac muscle. This antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Polyclonal
- Polyclonal IgG
|Product Code||Applications||Datasheet||MSDS||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
Phospholamban (cardiac) is found as a pentamer and is a major substrate for the cAMP-dependent protein kinase in cardiac muscle. It is an inhibitor of cardiac muscle sarcoplasmic reticulum Ca(2+)-ATPase in the unphosphorylated state, but inhibition is relieved upon phosphorylation of the protein itself. The subsequent activation of the Ca(2+) pump leads to enhanced muscle relaxation rates, thereby contributing to the inotropic response elicited in heart by beta-agonists. Phospholamban (cardiac) is a key regulator of cardiac diastolic function. Mutations in Phospholamban (cardiac) gene are a cause of inherited human dilated cardiomyopathy with refractory congestive heart failure (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Rabbit anti Human phospholamban (cardiac) antibody detects bands of 12 and 24 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti phospholamban (cardiac) detects bands of approximately 12 and 24 kDa in mouse heart tissue
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- KLH-conjugated synthetic peptide corresponding to aa 1-22 of human phospholamban (cardiac)
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles
- Shelf Life
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch
- P26678 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- PLN Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0016021 integral to membrane
- GO:0005246 calcium channel regulator activity
- GO:0008015 blood circulation
- GO:0016529 sarcoplasmic reticulum
- GO:0031966 mitochondrial membrane
- GO:0051924 regulation of calcium ion transport
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories
- For research purposes only
Applications of Phospholamban (Cardiac) antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||2 ml||WB|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.