The PHGDH gene encodes the enzyme which is involved in the early steps of L-serine synthesis in animal cells. L-serine is required for D-serine and other amino acid synthesis. The enzyme requires NAD/NADH as a cofactor and forms homotetramers for activity. Mutations in PHGDH have been found in a family with congenital microcephaly, psychomotor retardation and other symptoms. Multiple alternatively spliced transcript variants have been found, however the full-length nature of most are not known (provided by RefSeq, Aug 2011).
Rabbit anti Human PHGDH antibody detects a band of 57 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti PHGDH detects a band of approximately 57 kDa in NIH/3T3 cell lysate
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- KLH-conjugated synthetic peptide corresponding to aa 249-277 of human PHGDH
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0009055 electron carrier activity
- GO:0004617 phosphoglycerate dehydrogenase activity
- GO:0055114 oxidation-reduction process
- GO:0006564 L-serine biosynthetic process
- GO:0007420 brain development
- GO:0051287 NAD binding
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories
- For research purposes only
Applications of PHGDH antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra