The protein encoded by the PGK1 gene is a glycolytic enzyme that catalyzes the conversion of 1,3-diphosphoglycerate to 3-phosphoglycerate. The encoded protein may also act as a cofactor for polymerase alpha. PGK1 lies on the X-chromosome, while a related pseudogene also has been found on the X-chromosome and another on chromosome 19 (provided by RefSeq, Oct 2008).
Rabbit anti Human PGK1 antibody detects a band of 45 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti PGK1 detects a band of approximately 45 kDa in NIH/3T3 cell lysate
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Ig fraction - liquid
- Rabbit Ig fraction prepared by ammonium sulphate precipitation
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- KLH-conjugated synthetic peptide corresponding to aa 117-145 of human PGK1
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0004618 phosphoglycerate kinase activity
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0006094 gluconeogenesis
- GO:0006096 glycolysis
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of PGK1 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|