The protein encoded by PDLIM7 gene is representative of a family of proteins composed of conserved PDZ and LIM domains. LIM domains are proposed to function in protein-protein recognition in a variety of contexts including gene transcription and development and in cytoskeletal interaction. The LIM domains of this protein bind to protein kinases, whereas the PDZ domain binds to actin filaments. The gene product is involved in the assembly of an actin filament-associated complex essential for transmission of ret/ptc2 mitogenic signaling. The biological function is likely to be that of an adapter, with the PDZ domain localizing the LIM-binding proteins to actin filaments of both skeletal muscle and nonmuscle tissues. Alternative splicing of PDLIM7 results in multiple transcript variants (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Rabbit anti Human PDLIM7 antibody detects a band of 50 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti PDLIM7 detects a band of approximately 50 kDa in HeLa cell lysates.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid.
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Synthetic peptide directed towards the N-terminal region of human PDLIM7
- Store undiluted at -20°C, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0001503 ossification
- GO:0005737 cytoplasm
- GO:0005925 focal adhesion
- GO:0006898 receptor-mediated endocytosis
- GO:0007275 multicellular organismal development
- GO:0008270 zinc ion binding
- GO:0030154 cell differentiation
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories
- For research purposes only.
Applications of PDLIM7 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra