PDCD4 interacts with the RNA helicase eIF4A and the scaffolding protein eIF4G, two components of the translation initiation complex, and thus inhibits protein synthesis (Yang et al. 2003). PDCD4 has also been shown to inhibit transcription factor activator protein-1 (AP-1), which regulates several events required for cell invasion, including expression of matrix metalloproteinases and cell motility (Wang et al. 2013).
PDCD4 localizes to the nucleus in proliferating cells, and its expression is modulated by cytokines in natural killer and T-cells. PDCD4 expression is down regulated with tumor progression in carcinomas of the lung, colon, prostate and breast.
Rabbit anti Human PDCD4 antibody detects programmed cell death 4 as a single band of 52 kDa in a wide range of human cell line lysates. Cross reactivity with rodent cell lines is also observed.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Rabbit anti PDCD4 detects a band of approximately 52 kDa in Jurkat cell lysates.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- 100μl Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acids near the C-terminal of human PDCD4
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0003723 RNA binding
- GO:0006915 apoptosis
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0007569 cell aging
- GO:0016481 negative regulation of transcription
- GO:0043508 negative regulation of JUN kinase activity
- GO:0045786 negative regulation of cell cycle
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of PDCD4 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|