The protein encoded by PCBP2 gene appears to be multifunctional. Along with PCBP-1 and hnRNPK, it is one of the major cellular poly(rC)-binding proteins. The encoded protein contains three K-homologous (KH) domains which may be involved in RNA binding. Together with PCBP-1, this protein also functions as a translational coactivator of poliovirus RNA via a sequence-specific interaction with stem-loop IV of the IRES, promoting poliovirus RNA replication by binding to its 5'-terminal cloverleaf structure. It has also been implicated in translational control of the 15-lipoxygenase mRNA, human papillomavirus type 16 L2 mRNA, and hepatitis A virus RNA. The encoded protein is also suggested to play a part in formation of a sequence-specific alpha-globin mRNP complex which is associated with alpha-globin mRNA stability. This multiexon structural mRNA is thought to be retrotransposed to generate PCBP-1, an intronless gene with functions similar to that of PCBP2. PCBP2 and PCBP-1 have paralogous genes (PCBP3 and PCBP4) which are thought to have arisen as a result of duplication events of entire genes. Thsi gene also has two processed pseudogenes (PCBP2P1 and PCBP2P2). Multiple transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been found for PCBP2 (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Rabbit anti Human PCBP2 antibody detects a band of 39 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Rabbit anti PCBP2 detects a band of approximately 39 kDa in Jurkat cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography on Protein A
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide
- Synthetic peptide encompassing part of the middle region of human PCBP2
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0000398 nuclear mRNA splicing, via spliceosome
- GO:0003677 DNA binding
- GO:0003723 RNA binding
- GO:0030529 ribonucleoprotein complex
- GO:0009615 response to virus
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0005654 nucleoplasm
- GO:0031625 ubiquitin protein ligase binding
- GO:0032480 negative regulation of type I interferon production
- GO:0043161 proteasomal ubiquitin-dependent protein catabolic process
- GO:0045087 innate immune response
- GO:0050687 negative regulation of defense response to virus
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories
- For research purposes only
Applications of PCBP2 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra