This intron less gene is thought to have been generated by retrotransposition of a fully processed PCBP-2 mRNA. PCBP1 and PCBP-2 have paralogues (PCBP3 and PCBP4) which are thought to have arisen as a result of duplication events of entire genes. The protein encoded by PCBP1 appears to be multifunctional. It, along with PCBP-2 and hnRNPK corresponds to the major cellular poly(rC)-binding protein. It contains three K-homologous (KH) domains which may be involved in RNA binding. This encoded protein together with PCBP-2 also functions as translational coactivators of poliovirus RNA via a sequence-specific interaction with stem-loop IV of the IRES and promote poliovirus RNA replication by binding to its 5'-terminal cloverleaf structure. It has also been implicated in translational control of the 15-lipoxygenase mRNA, human Papillomavirus type 16 L2 mRNA, and hepatitis A virus RNA. The encoded protein is also suggested to play a part in formation of a sequence-specific alpha-globin mRNP complex which is associated with alpha-globin mRNA stability (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Rabbit anti Human PCBP1 antibody detects a band of 37 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti PCBP1 detects a band of approximately 37 kDa in A431 cell lysate
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- KLH-conjugated synthetic peptide corresponding to aa 188-217 of human PCBP1
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0000398 nuclear mRNA splicing, via spliceosome
- GO:0003697 single-stranded DNA binding
- GO:0003723 RNA binding
- GO:0030529 ribonucleoprotein complex
- GO:0005737 cytoplasm
- GO:0005654 nucleoplasm
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of PCBP1 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|