This protein forms a homodimer and is aneneral coactivator that functions cooperatively with TAFs and mediates functional interactions between upstream activators and the general transcriptional machinery. It also may be involved in stabilizing the multiprotein transcription complex. SUB1 in vivo binds single stranded DNA, but in vitro, it binds non-specifically to double-stranded DNA (ds DNA).
Rabbit anti Human PC4 antibody detects a band of 17 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Rabbit anti PC4 detects a band of approximately 17 kDa in MCF7 cell lysates
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography on Protein A
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide
- Synthetic peptide encompassing part of the middle region of human PC4
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0003697 single-stranded DNA binding
- GO:0003713 transcription coactivator activity
- GO:0005667 transcription factor complex
- GO:0005730 nucleolus
- GO:0006357 regulation of transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories
- For research purposes only
Applications of PC4 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|