The PXN gene encodes a cytoskeletal protein involved in actin-membrane attachment at sites of cell adhesion to the extracellular matrix (focal adhesion). Alternatively spliced transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been described for PXN. These isoforms exhibit different expression pattern, and have different biochemical, as well as physiological properties (Mazaki et al. 1997) .
Rabbit anti Human paxillin antibody detects a band of 62 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti paxillin detects a band of approximately 62 kDa in A431 cell lysates.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid.
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3).
- KLH conjugated synthetic peptide corresponding to 94-125 amino acid from human paxillin
- Store undiluted at -20°C, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0006936 muscle contraction
- GO:0005737 cytoplasm
- GO:0005875 microtubule associated complex
- GO:0005925 focal adhesion
- GO:0007160 cell-matrix adhesion
- GO:0007172 signal complex assembly
- GO:0007173 epidermal growth factor receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0008013 beta-catenin binding
- GO:0008270 zinc ion binding
- GO:0017166 vinculin binding
- GO:0030027 lamellipodium
- GO:0034329 cell junction assembly
- GO:0034614 cellular response to reactive oxygen species
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories
- For research purposes only.
Applications of Paxillin antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra