PAK1 (pThr84) antibody
Serine/threonine-protein kinase PAK1 is an enzyme that in humans is encoded by the PAK1 gene. PAK proteins are critical effectors that link the Rho GTPases to cytoskeleton reorganization and nuclear signaling. PAK proteins are a family of serine/threonine p21-activated kinases and include PAK1-6. These proteins serve as targets for small GTP binding proteins such as OSR1.
OSR1, oxidative stress response 1, is activated by osmotic stresses including sorbitol or NaCl. It has been predicted that OSR1 phosphorylates PAK1 in the regulatory domain at threonine 84 and inhibits activation of the JNK and MAPK signaling pathway.
PAK proteins also serve as targets for the small GTP binding proteins Cdc42 and Rac and have been implicated in a wide range of biological activities. PAK1 regulates cell motility and morphology.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Bovine Expected from Sequence Dog Expected from Sequence Chicken Expected from Sequence Guinea Pig Expected from Sequence Rat Expected from Sequence Sheep Expected from Sequence Zebrafish Expected from Sequence Mouse Primate Expected from Sequence
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to PAK1 (pThr84) was raised by repeated immunisations of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared by affinity purification via sequential chromatography on phospho- and dephospho-peptide columns
- Buffer Solution
- HEPES buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Phosphopeptide corresponding to amino acid residues surrounding the phospho-Thr84 (pThr84) region of human PAK1
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0007010 cytoskeleton organization
- GO:0006915 apoptosis
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0004674 protein serine/threonine kinase activity
- GO:0005518 collagen binding
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0005794 Golgi apparatus
- GO:0005925 focal adhesion
- GO:0006984 ER-nucleus signaling pathway
- GO:0007411 axon guidance
- GO:0031295 T cell costimulation
- GO:0043507 positive regulation of JUN kinase activity
- GO:0046777 protein autophosphorylation
- GO:0050852 T cell receptor signaling pathway
- For research purposes only
Applications of PAK1 (pThr84) antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Western Blotting
- Rabbit anti Human PAK1 (pThr84) detects a band at approximately 68 kDa in mouse hippocampal lysate
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (Fc):Biotin||STAR121B||E WB||1 mg|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (Fc):FITC||STAR121F||F||1 mg|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (Fc):HRP||STAR121P||E WB||1 mg|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR124P||C E WB||1 mg|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:FITC||STAR34B||C F||1 mg|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:RPE||STAR35A||F||1 ml|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:DyLight®488||STAR36D488GA||F IF WB||0.1 mg|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:DyLight®680||STAR36D680GA||F IF WB||0.1 mg|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:Dylight®800||STAR36D800GA||F IF WB||0.1 mg|
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra