PAI-1 is present in plasma, platelets and endothelial cells, is expressed at increased levels in various disease states (Kruithof et al. 1988), and has been linked to an increased occurrence of thrombosis in obesity and coronary artery disease (Oseroff et al. 1989). Defects in PAI-1 are characterized by abnormal bleeding (Takahashi et al. 1996).
Goat anti Human PAI-1 antibody recognizes PAI-1 as a single band of 43 kDa in a range of human cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Goat anti PAI-1 detects a band of approximately 43 kDa in MCF7 cell lysates.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Goat polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
0.5% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Peptide with sequence C-GFKIDDKGMAPALRH, corresponding to the internal region of PAI-1.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005886 plasma membrane
- GO:0001300 chronological cell aging
- GO:0002020 protease binding
- GO:0002576 platelet degranulation
- GO:0004252 serine-type endopeptidase activity
- GO:0004867 serine-type endopeptidase inhibitor activity
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0050829 defense response to Gram-negative bacterium
- GO:0010469 regulation of receptor activity
- GO:0010757 negative regulation of plasminogen activation
- GO:0014912 negative regulation of smooth muscle cell migration
- GO:0030168 platelet activation
- GO:0031012 extracellular matrix
- GO:0031093 platelet alpha granule lumen
- GO:0032757 positive regulation of interleukin-8 production
- GO:0033629 negative regulation of cell adhesion mediated by integrin
- GO:0035491 positive regulation of leukotriene production involved in inflammatory response
- GO:0042730 fibrinolysis
- GO:0043066 negative regulation of apoptosis
- GO:0045766 positive regulation of angiogenesis
- GO:0048260 positive regulation of receptor-mediated endocytosis
- GO:0051918 negative regulation of fibrinolysis
- GO:0061044 negative regulation of vascular wound healing
- GO:0070887 cellular response to chemical stimulus
- GO:0071222 cellular response to lipopolysaccharide
- GO:0090026 positive regulation of monocyte chemotaxis
- GO:2000098 negative regulation of smooth muscle cell-matrix adhesion
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of PAI-1 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Donkey anti Sheep/Goat IgG:HRP||STAR88P||C E P WB||1 ml|