p70S6K is activated following phosphorylation of several sites, in response to hormones, growth factors, mitogenic stimuli and physical exercise, and is a downstream effector in the AKT/mTOR (mammalian target of rapamycin) signalling pathway. p70S6K also acts as a regulator of cell motility, invasion, and cytoskeletal reorganization.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Rat Expected from Sequence Mouse Expected from Sequence Rabbit Expected from Sequence
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to human p70S6K (CT) was raised by repeated immunisation of goats with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
0.5% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Peptide sequence C-MISKRPEHLRMNL corresponding to the C-Terminal region of p70S6K (NP_003152.1).
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0000082 G1/S transition of mitotic cell cycle
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0006915 apoptosis
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0004672 protein kinase activity
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0005737 cytoplasm
- GO:0005741 mitochondrial outer membrane
- GO:0008286 insulin receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0019717 synaptosome
- GO:0048015 phosphatidylinositol-mediated signaling
- GO:0030054 cell junction
- GO:0031929 TOR signaling cascade
- GO:0043066 negative regulation of apoptosis
- GO:0045202 synapse
- GO:0045931 positive regulation of mitotic cell cycle
- GO:0045948 positive regulation of translational initiation
- For research purposes only
Applications of p70S6K antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Western Blotting
- AHP1575 detects a band of approximately 65-70kDa in human muscle and placenta cell lysates.