p53 (pSer15) antibody
The p53 protein is important in multicellular organisms, where it regulates cell cycle progression to allow DNA repair or apoptosis in the case of irreparably damaged cells (
Rabbit anti p53 (pSer15) antibody binds to p53 phosphorylated on serine 15 in response to DNA damage. The kinases ATM, ATR, and DNA-PK are all able to phosphorylate p53 on serine 15, which impairs its capacity to bind to the E3 ubiquitin protein ligase MDM2.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Expected from Sequence Rat Expected from Sequence
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 30% Glycerol
0.5% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Synthetic phospho-peptide surrounding amino acid Ser15 of human p53
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Store at -20oC
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
Applications of p53 (pSer15) antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin||20 ug/ml|
|Western Blotting||0.5||4.0 ug/ml|
- Western Blotting
- Rabbit anti p53 (pSer15) antibody recognizes a band of approximately 53 kDa in lysate from HeLa cells treated with UV
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (Fc):Biotin||STAR121B||E WB||1 mg|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (Fc):FITC||STAR121F||F||1 mg|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (Fc):HRP||STAR121P||E WB||1 mg|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR124P||C E WB||1 mg|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:FITC||STAR34B||C F||1 mg|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:RPE||STAR35A||F||1 ml|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:DyLight®488||STAR36D488GA||F IF WB||0.1 mg|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:DyLight®680||STAR36D680GA||F IF WB||0.1 mg|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:Dylight®800||STAR36D800GA||F IF WB||0.1 mg|
Product Specific References
Madan, E. et al. (2012) p53 Ser15 phosphorylation disrupts the p53-RPA70 complex and induces RPA70-mediated DNA repair in hypoxia.
Biochem J. 443 (3): 811-20.
Wang, B. et al. (2013) p53 Ser15 phosphorylation and histone modifications contribute to IR-induced miR-34a transcription in mammary epithelial cells.
Cell Cycle. 12 (13): 2073-83.
Yang, T. et al. (2019) Phosphorylation of p53 Serine 15 Is a Predictor of Survival for Patients with Hepatocellular Carcinoma.
Can J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2019: 9015453.
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra