The CDKN1A gene encodes a potent cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor. The encoded protein binds to and inhibits the activity of cyclin-CDK2 or -CDK4 complexes, and thus functions as a regulator of cell cycle progression at G1. The expression of CDKN1A is tightly controlled by the tumor suppressor protein p53, through which this protein mediates the p53-dependent cell cycle G1 phase arrest in response to a variety of stress stimuli. This protein can interact with proliferating cell nuclear antigen (PCNA), a DNA polymerase accessory factor, and plays a regulatory role in S phase DNA replication and DNA damage repair. This protein was reported to be specifically cleaved by CASP3-like caspases, which thus leads to a dramatic activation of CDK2, and may be instrumental in the execution of apoptosis following caspase activation. Multiple alternatively spliced variants have been found for CDKN1A (provided by RefSeq, Nov 2010).
Rabbit anti Human p27/kip1 antibody detects a band of 27 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Rabbit anti p27/kip1 detects a band of approximately 27 kDa in NIH/3T3 cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered glycine
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.01% Thiomersal
- Recombinant protein encompassing part of the center region of human p27/kip1
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- P46527 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- CDKN1B Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0000079 regulation of cyclin-dependent protein kinase activity
- GO:0000080 G1 phase of mitotic cell cycle
- GO:0000082 G1/S transition of mitotic cell cycle
- GO:0000084 S phase of mitotic cell cycle
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0004861 cyclin-dependent protein kinase inhibitor activity
- GO:0005072 transforming growth factor beta receptor, cytoplasmic mediator activity
- GO:0005654 nucleoplasm
- GO:0006917 induction of apoptosis
- GO:0006977 DNA damage response, signal transduction by p53 class mediator resulting in cell cycle arrest
- GO:0007050 cell cycle arrest
- GO:0048102 autophagic cell death
- GO:0008285 negative regulation of cell proliferation
- GO:0019903 protein phosphatase binding
- GO:0048015 phosphatidylinositol-mediated signaling
- GO:0030308 negative regulation of cell growth
- GO:0032582 negative regulation of gene-specific transcription
- GO:0048011 nerve growth factor receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0071285 cellular response to lithium ion
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of p27/Kip1 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||2 ml||WB|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.