Osteopontin is involved in enhancing production of interferon-gamma and interleukin-12 and reducing production of interleukin-10. It is essential in the pathway that leads to type I immunity. Osteoponitn is also thought to be important to cell-matrix interaction, and can bind fibronectin, collagen and calcium.
Osteopontin has been suggested to have a role in atherosclerosis, bone remodelling, angiogenesis, wound healing and tissue injuries.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Dog Expected from Sequence Rat Expected from Sequence Mouse Expected from Sequence
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid, ready to use.
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to osteopontin (CT) were raised by repeated immunisations of goat with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3) 0.5% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Peptide with sequence C-DPKSKEEDKHLK, from the C-terminal of osteopontin.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0007155 cell adhesion
- GO:0005125 cytokine activity
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0007566 embryo implantation
- GO:0031214 biomineral tissue development
- GO:0033280 response to vitamin D
- GO:0046697 decidualization
- For research purposes only
Applications of Osteopontin antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Western Blotting||1.0||3.0 ug/ml|
- Western Blotting
- AHP1069 detects a band of approximately 60kDa in lysates of human thymus, tonsil and spleen. Approximate 30kDa band observed in lysates of cell lines Jurkat and MOLT4. This band corresponds to the cleavage product from the 60kDa glcoprotein.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Rabbit anti Goat IgG (Fc):FITC||STAR122F||F||1 mg|
|Rabbit anti Goat IgG (Fc):HRP||STAR122P||C E WB||1 mg|
Product Specific References
References for Osteopontin antibody
Rangaswami, H. et al. (2006) Osteopontin: role in cell signaling and cancer progression.
Trens Cell Biol. 16: 79-87.
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra