Rabbit anti Human OGR1 antibody detects ovarian cancer G protein-coupled receptor 1 (OGR1), a seven pass transmembrane protein initially cloned from an ovarian cancer cell line. OGR1 has a wide expression, and selectively binds both protons and bioactive lipids.
OGR1 functions as a proton-sensing G protein-coupled receptor stimulating inositol phosphate production and Ca2+ mobilisation. It is also a receptor for sphingophosphorylcholine and related lysolipids, which antagonise the proton-induced actions mediated by OGR1.
OGR1 is also expressed early during osteoclastogenesis and plays a role in osteoclast differentiation.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
||Expected from Sequence
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to human OGR1 (NT) were raised by repeated immunisations of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- Synthetic peptide corresponding to the N-terminal domain of human OGR1, conjugated to Keyhole Limpet Hemocyanin (KLH).
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
G-protein coupled receptor activity
integral to plasma membrane
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of OGR1 antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
Product Specific References
References for OGR1 antibody
Mogi, C. et al. (2005) Sphingosylphosphorylcholine antagonizes proton-sensing ovarian cancer G-protein-coupled receptor 1 (OGR1)-mediated inositol phosphate production and cAMP accumulation.
J Pharmacol Sci. 99 (2): 160-7.
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra