NPM is a mobile protein which shuttles between the nucleolus and cytoplasm depending upon growth conditions and ATP/GTP levels, and is also influenced by cytotoxic drugs including actinomycin D and camptothecin. NPM interacts with numerous proteins including p19ARF, transcription factor YY1 and nucleolar p120, and is known to regulate the stability and transcriptional activity of p53, a tumor suppressor protein activated in response to DNA damage, capable of inducing cell cycle arrest and apoptosis.
Goat anti Human NPM antibody detects nucleophosmin as a single band of 38 kDa in a range of human cell lysates tested.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Goat anti NPM detects a band of approximately 38 kDa in K562 cell lysates.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Goat polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
0.5% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Peptide with sequence C-QEAIQDLWQWRKSL from the C terminus of the protein sequence.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- Entrez Gene
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of NPM antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Donkey anti Sheep/Goat IgG:HRP||STAR88P||C E P WB||1 ml|