Neurexin 1 antibody
NRXN1 exists in many distinct isoforms, the majority of which encode the longer alpha-neurexins generated using an upstream promoter, whilst fewer encode the shorter beta-neurexins, generated using a downstream promoter. Alpha-neurexins have been shown to bind with high affinity to the neuronal protein neurexophilin, whilst neuroligin 1, enriched in synaptic plasma membranes, has been identified as a splice site-specific ligand for beta-neurexins.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Expected from Sequence Rat Expected from Sequence Dog Expected from Sequence
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to human NRXN1 (CT) was raised by repeated immunisation of goats with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
0.5% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Peptide sequence C-KEKQPSSAKSSNKN from the C-Terminal region of NRXN1 (NP_004792.1; NP_620072.1).
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
Applications of Neurexin 1 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Western Blotting
- AHP1681 detects a band of approximately 150kDa in human cerebellum cell lysates