The NES gene encodes a member of the intermediate filament protein family and is expressed primarily in nerve cells (provided by RefSeq, Sep 2011).
Rabbit anti Human nestin antibody detects a band of 290 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Rabbit anti nestin detects a band of approximately 290 kDa in NTERA-2 cell lysates
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide
- Synthetic peptide encompassing part of the middle region of human nestin
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005882 intermediate filament
- GO:0005198 structural molecule activity
- GO:0005737 cytoplasm
- GO:0007420 brain development
- GO:0019215 intermediate filament binding
- GO:0030844 positive regulation of intermediate filament depolymerization
- GO:0031076 embryonic camera-type eye development
- GO:0043066 negative regulation of apoptosis
- GO:2000179 positive regulation of neural precursor cell proliferation
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories
- For research purposes only
Applications of Nestin antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra