The MUTYH gene encodes a DNA glycosylase involved in oxidative DNA damage repair. The enzyme excises adenine bases from the DNA backbone at sites where adenine is inappropriately paired with guanine, cytosine, or 8-oxo-7,8-dihydroguanine, a major oxidatively damaged DNA lesion. The protein is localized to the nucleus and mitochondria. Mutations in MUTYH result in heritable predisposition to colon and stomach cancer. Multiple transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been found for MUTYH (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Rabbit anti Human MYH antibody detects a band of 55 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Rabbit anti MYH detects a band of approximately 55 kDa in K562 cell lysates
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered glycine
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.01% Thiomersal
- Recombinant protein encompassing part of the middle region of human MYH
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0004519 endonuclease activity
- GO:0046872 metal ion binding
- GO:0005654 nucleoplasm
- GO:0006298 mismatch repair
- GO:0019104 DNA N-glycosylase activity
- GO:0032407 MutSalpha complex binding
- GO:0045007 depurination
- GO:0051539 4 iron, 4 sulfur cluster binding
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories
- For research purposes only
Applications of Myh antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra