MRE11A gene encodes a nuclear protein involved in homologous recombination, telomere length maintenance, and DNA double-strand break repair. By itself, the protein has 3' to 5' exonuclease activity and endonuclease activity. The protein forms a complex with the RAD50 homolog; this complex is required for nonhomologous joining of DNA ends and possesses increased single-stranded DNA endonuclease and 3' to 5' exonuclease activities. In conjunction with a DNA ligase, this protein promotes the joining of noncomplementary ends in vitro using short homologies near the ends of the DNA fragments. Mutations in the MRE11A gene causes Ataxia-telangiectasia-like disorder 1 (ATLD1), a rare disorder characterized by progressive cerebellar ataxia, dysarthria, abnormal eye movements, and absence of telangiectasia (Stewart et al. 1999). MRE11A has a pseudogene on chromosome 3. Alternative splicing of MRE11A results in two transcript variants encoding different isoforms (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Rabbit anti Human MRE11 antibody detects a band of 81 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti MRE11 detects a band of approximately 81 kDa in HeLa cell lysates.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid.
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Synthetic peptide directed towards the middle region of human MRE11A
- Store undiluted at -20°C, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0000014 single-stranded DNA specific endodeoxyribonuclease activity
- GO:0000019 regulation of mitotic recombination
- GO:0000724 double-strand break repair via homologous recombination
- GO:0003690 double-stranded DNA binding
- GO:0005654 nucleoplasm
- GO:0006303 double-strand break repair via nonhomologous end joining
- GO:0007004 telomere maintenance via telomerase
- GO:0007062 sister chromatid cohesion
- GO:0007131 reciprocal meiotic recombination
- GO:0008022 protein C-terminus binding
- GO:0008408 3'-5' exonuclease activity
- GO:0030145 manganese ion binding
- GO:0030870 Mre11 complex
- GO:0031954 positive regulation of protein autophosphorylation
- GO:0032508 DNA duplex unwinding
- GO:0032876 negative regulation of DNA endoreduplication
- GO:0033674 positive regulation of kinase activity
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories
- For research purposes only.
Applications of MRE11 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra