Rabbit anti MORF4 antibody recognizes human Mortality Factor 4 (MORF4), known also as SEN1 and cellular senescence-related protein 1.
MORF4 is a nuclear localized protein possessing transcription factor-like motifs such as helix-loop-helix and a leucine zipper motif that are believed to allow it to form transcriptionally active homo- or heterodimers. MORF4 has been shown to bind to the transcription co-repressors mSin3A and TLE, suggesting that together, these complexes may play a role in transcriptional repression of genes that lead to cellular senescence.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to human MORF4 was raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- A peptide corresponding to an 18 amino acid peptide from near the amino terminus of human MORF4.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml.
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of MORF4 antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Human brain.
- Western Blotting
- Rabbit anti human MORF4 detects a band of approximately 33kDa in K562 cell lysates.
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available